Monday 13 November 2006

Pictures of Bar Beach as promised






















From 11th floor of Eko Hotel (seaview section). I apologise that this is all I have but it gives you an idea of how different this section at the rear looks when compared with the shanty town that you can see when driving round the front.
I still get emotional looking at these. Absolutely beautiful. This Naija sef.
Why do we continue allow fools to deny us beauty like this that can be found all over the country. I have as much faith in the new Minister for Culture and Tourism (who is he going to blame for leaving this unspoilt view?) realising that this is one of our greatest assets as I have of George W. winning the Nobel Peace Prize.
These pictures were actually taken by my colleague who was in Nigeria for the first time and had obviously been hit hard by the situation at ground level. I somehow feel that her seeing this view helped to balance her thinking otherwise all she would have gone back with was stories of the poverty, grime, dirt, mad drivers etc.
This land is my land and one day I will seize it back. Believe.

5 comments:

zeyi said...

Thanks for the pics. Absolutely beautiful view! :)

Marin said...

Wow, Breathtaking view.

Zaynnah Magazine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zaynnah Magazine said...

Beautiful pictures. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I remember when we used to have birthday parties at Barbeach and ride the donkeys too! Sigh, such beauty...