Thursday 30 November 2006

Does not compute.

I have one of those minds that is forever spinning things round and round until they make sense. If they do not make sense I wake up in the middle of the night to my brain aching from trying to make it make sense. Am I making sense? Over the past year I have had a lot to occupy my nocturnal musings. Things that I just cannot get to add up. If 2+2 does not equal 4 then your boy is not happy.

So it is that I have battled with Global warming, the Iraq war, the Israeli - Palestinian conflict, the Iran nuclear programme, the axis of evil. But lately the thing that has kept me awake the most is something even more perplexing than all the above. Yes, it is the Tom Cruise- Katie Holmes marriage. You too right?

So here's my problem:
- Tom is married to the very lovely Mimi Rogers for years. No kids. They divorce.
- Tom is married to Nicole Kidman. No kids. They adopt. One black. One white. (Aww. How cute. ) Anyway they divorce.
- Rumours start flying round that Tom is gay.
- Tom goes on Oprah and does a couch thing professing his love for a girl\woman.
- Nicole marries drunk, druggie country guy and gets pregnant. Proves she can.
-Tom marries girl (Katie) who used to have his poster on her wall when she was a child.
- Katie gets pregnant very quickly. Has baby.
-Tom marries Katie and apparently grows six inches during the ceremony (according to the pictures)
- Everyone lives happily ever after.

Except yours truly, who lies awake wondering how come the first two wives did not get pregnant. Why adopt with Nicole? Why not just you know, knock her up? Surely much more fun. How much is in for Katie? How long before the "irreconcilable" differences?

My brain hurts.

8 comments:

Nigerian Woman in Norway said...

tommy boy get k-leg...no be small!

that whole marriage is a fake, and the baby is not his.

Chxta said...

Exactly my sentiments Isioma. Exactly my sentiments...

Dotun said...

who are we to determine the father of a baby

Anonymous said...

dotun took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Unknown said...

Who are we to question the paternity of the baby if Tom has accepted suri as his? We too 'dey do'!!!

I think we should give him some breathing space. Its his life and he can choose to live it any way and how he likes. If he chooses to adopt, so be it. If he chooses to have his own biological child later on in his life - so be it!! Its not everytime that celebrities tell us the nitty gritties of all that happen in their lives.

zeyi said...

hahaha! I was thinking I would be reading about something very political, but it turns out to be TomKat! Love it.

Naijadude said...

And who actually cares about Tom, and the celebs in a whole? Their world is fake and they strive hard to catch up with the image they created for themselves.
Hard to live in their world themselves, I couldnt add mine to it...LOL

"Irreconciable differences?" I bet somewhere around the corner, but Tom's coming out of the closet pretty soon, when he becomes old and worn out!!

Ms SoontobeMum said...

Fantastic!!!!!

The whole TOMKAT issue really get serious serious K-leg ohhhhhh!!!

As much as i like Katie....she used to have his pic on her wall when she was a kid. I'm sure there's a name for that kind of thing, i just cant think of what it is..hmmmm