Friday 6 April 2007

Nobody knows the troubles I have seen.

My people there is gist yanfu yanfu but now is not the time. Apologies for my lax attitude towards my professional obligations to keep you abreast of Naija life but with the arrival of Iyawo and the four spawns, well my feet have hardly touched the ground. I never knew that 12 minutes of pleasure (Iyawo claims I am exaggerating but she would, wouldn't she? I was particularly focused on the first two but let the side down as time wore on otherwise I would have racked up a massive 14 minutes) would result in a lifetime of responsibility like this oh.

After all the plans that we made Iyawo then proceeded to slip a disc making her bedbound for most of the past five days. If not for sobbing, I would just cry. And then to top it all of I take her to hospital where they routinely check her blood pressure and tell her she is within the normal range and she is yabbering on about it would be better still if only she had managed to work out in the last month. Meanwhile they check mine and ask me if I want to stay the night. Apparently I might be just a tad stressed. In Lagos? Surely not.

So what have been up to for the past month? Well there was the play at the Muson centre. Anatomy of a Woman (as if there was anything I could learn about that!) , the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria contest, the lunch at Charusco (lovely Brazilian restaurant at the Lagoon), the fantastic meal at the restaurant with no name (it is so exclusive there is no sign outside and I cannot for the life of me remember the name) etc etc. So it is fair to say that man mi has been wounding life before this back fiasco happened.

This weekend we are off on my friends boat (not yatch so please don't hate) to a private beach after suffering through Barney at the Palms tomorrow with the younger terrors who are still going through the terrible two though they are now three and four!

Gotta dash. More gist to follow.

10 comments:

יש (Yosh) said...

Hope the iyawo gets better, soon-ish and you return with more fantabulous gist.

peace

Aworan said...

Interesting read. Hope the wifey recovers. take care.

ps: Chelsea does NOT rule.. :-)

Anonymous said...

Great writeup.. i didnt know you went and saw anatomy of a woman.. you loved it right? have a great weekend and easter... hope your wifey gets better

Anonymous said...

the restaurant, is thalindos,one of the best kept secrets in lagos!. see ur settling in well!

Dami said...

is this the final move then or they just came for a taster..?

hope she gets better soon oh

Pilgrimage to Self said...

So you guys have really done it!! Moved back I mean. I sort of thought you wouldn't.

Hmm, boat? private beach? eating out? Na you biko!! :-D

Good luck with the settling down...

t said...

Love reading you.

uknaija said...

Bros, e ku gbadun o! Wishing Madam soonest recover

Justme said...

Love your blog!

Toksboy said...

Just to be clear. We are still in the process. We have not moved finally. That is still on the horizon but drawing closer.Iyawo is a lot more comfortable now that I have shown her the kind of ajebutter life she can have in Lagos. What with the peidcures and manicures, hair appointments, private resuarants, private beaches, etc etc. If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach then surely the way to a woman's is through the Palms Shopping Centre?

Thanks for all the messages of goodwill. She is now back on her feet as she demonstrated with a marathon dance session at La Casa.