Sunday 14 January 2007

Premonitions.


Ever since I was young I have had this weird sixth sense. I just have this strange feel for things. For example immediately I walked into every house that we have lived in I could tell it was the right one straight away. I also have situations where as I am doing or saying something it is like I am playing back a tape because I have already said and done the same thing before in my mind\head. Sometimes it can be quite spooky.


It is also the same with people. I can meet someone and almost immediately I can tell if we are going to gel or not. Like I have some sort of radar. There are so many places that I have been where I feel that I've been there before. It is all very strange and can also be disconcerting.


Iyawo and I were talking to my sister recently (yes she is still alive) and she casually mentioned that the first time I saw Iyawo on TV I told her that this was the girl I was going to marry. Is that scary or what? I mean this was at least 10 years before I even met her. (I also seem to vaguely recall that she would be extremely rich therefore allowing me to sit on my ass all day and watch football but alas this part has not yet come to pass).


What has led to this is that I have just come back from seeing "The last king of Scotland" about Idi Amin (great film by the way) and one of the things he always said was that he knew exactly how and when he was going to die (this was never proved). I have not got to that stage yet , thank God, but I wonder if others also share this "vibe" and have the sixth sense?


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

what ya think of da census? have u read grandiose, chxta or akin? want to hear from u.

Zaynnah Magazine said...

Toks, I understand what you mean. I often have this feeling of de ja vu when I visit places for the first time; it also happens sometimes when I'm having a conversation with someone and then a thought flashes in my mind that I've had the particular conversation or been in that particular situation before! Uncanny!

Toksboy said...

My views on the census is that it will always be extremely difficult to get any sensible and accurate counts due to the situation in the country and regardless of how scientific the count there will alwyas be controversy. I also support very strongly the view that once the public holidays are declared people generally use that as an opportunity to depart for their villages hence you would expect an exodus from Lagos to have impacted the count.

Anonymous said...

My husband said he knew I would be his wife the first day he saw me. I've always had deja vu experiences at different places.hmmm...very uncanny

Dami said...

same here! when i get to some place, i have this feeling i've been there before or sometimes when im saying something i just stop and replay it in my head haaaaa
i thought i was the only one with super-powers lol

BabaAlaye said...

Let me try and explain tis here.
It might sound like a lot of crock but here's my 20 kobo.

Sleep time is an extension of your normal regular day.It's possible to travel to Singapore in your dreams without having ever being there physically and if you have total recall, you will be able to remember people street names, e.t.c with vivid clarity.
Alas, most of us forget our dreams when we wake up. But sometimes a little bit of it pops up in your head when you in a new city or meet someone new or whatever.
That;s when we get that "haven't i met you before moment"?

What makes all this possible is that your dreams are out of "time"
as we know it. So past present and future is all rolled into one.
I'm sure i'm not making a lot of sense. I'm finding it hard to properly articulate this.

Now if only i can get next week's lottery numbers in my dream tonight lol

Anonymous said...

I've always have those de javu type o' things. And there's been occasions where I can like tell what is gonna happen if I weirdly sense that I've "been" at that particular scenario before...

PS: I've always wanted to leave comments but you enabled "only Blogger" posters. Thx now sha

Toksboy said...

babaalaye- it is actually a very interesting point. i am a very vivid dreamer so can see where my subconscious could be creating these advance scenarios. I will actually try and formally monitor my dreams over the next month to see.


Yosh- thanks for stopping by. I am new to blogging so do not fully understand all its settings. Did not conscioulsy mean to block anyone. I am a strong proponent of free speech. (unlike Babaalaye who is more about free love. No be so?).

BabaAlaye said...

Egbon, Mind yourself o.

Why you go wan spoil my rep like that now?