Tuesday 1 May 2007

Blogger off line

So I am off to Lagos this evening to take care of some biz. Meanwhile, I have been thinking about how to go about organising an evening of drinks with Naija bloggers in Lagos where we could network, exchange ideas, etc. Actually I am trying to get Jeremy - the guru- to do it. There are so many bloggers now it is hard to keep up but it would be good to meet some face to face. Obviously those that wish to remain anonymous can continue to do so.

In the meantime I will be scouting venues for the event so over the next week I will be at Bachus, 6deg North, News Cafe, Boat Club, Ikoyi Club, La Casa and every other hangout in the name of research. I will leave no stone unturned in my quest.

If you see me please feel free to say hello. I will be the one in the white shoes.

11 comments:

Zaynnah Magazine said...

Lol! Do your research well and make sure you sample all that each of the venues has to offer.

Seriously speaking though, a social with naija bloggers in Lagos, is a brilliant idea...I hope it does happen sometime soon.

Bon voyage!

Anonymous said...

lol..i remember the story of those white shoes... lmao... hope you have fun... you should tell laspapi, unnaked soul, omohemi and others to come out... oh and exschoolnerd as well.. then there's uzo and daddysgirl.. dang there are a lot of naija blogger living in Nigeria sha... yall have fun for the rest of us

9jamommy said...

Lol....white shoes!!! (no comments) my Mr. plays squash at Ikoyi club every evening so I'll tell him to look out for you.

9jamommy said...

oh and News Cafe, News Cafe!!!

Bitchy said...

Any excuse to club hop abi?

This isn't a club, but --> Yellow Chilli - for some sweet peppered snails!

lolaojiks said...

Seems like I am completely out of touch with Naija.

Where all these places? What happened to Oceanview, A Bar and even good ol' Double 4.

From your list, I only know Boat Club & Ikoyi Club, & may have been to Bachus ( if it is on Awolowo road) once.

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

oooohhhh im excited, news cafe is always fab on a friday, although its usually dead by 3.30am though

Jeremy said...

yep I'm up for it. Don't like the idea of being any kind of guru type person. I've been called a colonialist far too many times. Let me just lurk in the background..

Jeremy said...

By the way, if we do all meet - I have a request for 36 inches of brown legs: can I bring a tape measure?

Ola said...

Sounds like a great idea. For the anonymous folk, i guess it'd add to the fun trying to figure out who they are in the mix.

Toksboy said...

Update - It looks like the get together will happen in june. More details to follow.