Friday 23 February 2007

Virgin Atlantic - Why no special offer to Nigeria?

I sent the following email to Virgin this morning further to them sending me an email detailing their latest promo. I am especially annoyed as I have just booked six people to fly with them to Lagos for the Easter break and this promo could potentially have saved me £650. It is not the first time I have received this sort of mail from them and am getting a bit fed up of being ripped off. I like the airline and its services and I greatly admire Branson but enough is enough. (Please don't ask me to fly BA as I would rather walk).

Maybe it is time to create a pressure group?

Dear Sir/ Madam

I received your email today offering discounted miles for travel to various destinations around the globe. Again I notice that this offer does not include flights to Nigeria. Can you please explain why this is the case and why Nigeria is so often excluded off your special offers?

I look forward to your urgent response.

Regards

6 comments:

Aaron Rowe said...

Annoying isn't it?

However I did fly with Virgin last year having bought a ticket with a special offer exclusively for flights to Lagos.

So it does come back around sometimes.

Zaynnah Magazine said...

It is extremely annoying.

Well done Toks, let's know if/when you get a response from Virgin.

Dami said...

yes o,for some reason i still think they'll fill their seats if the they double thier price, it seems like we are the only one who cant complain.

erm aaron, that seems like the only one they've ever had and its probably to do with other airline doing the oct 1st promo.

babatunde said...

It’s a pity, but as long as the planes are full enough they have no reason to offer discounts... anyway don’t you all know we’re all bloody savages living in trees who have pockets lined with oil $’s, which is why at peak periods 1st class is always brimming

On a similar note when I took the whole family home for summer I flew Nigerian Airways for the 1st time in decades, (usually use Virgin, because they arrive MMA in the morning or BA cause I hate stopovers) Wasn’t too bad for the money and I’ve got a 25% discount if I use them again cause of 4hr delay… hmm those 2 statement don’t really go had in hand do they, but I was travelling on holiday and the boys love Airports

Bitchy said...

Isn't it because the Lagos-London route is so over-subscribed that they know special offers would only serve to increase the congestion problem?

That said, British Airways flights to Lagos were on sale 3 weeks ago. But like you Toks, I ditched their sorry asses in favour of Virgin too... So I dare not go back with my tail between my legs.

Toksboy said...

My company actually looks after Virgin from a corporate point of view and the staff there have admitted to one of my collagues that the naija route is the most lucrative. Very rarely do I fly to other parts of the world where economy can be empty but 1st class always full.

I am a bit disappointed that they have not replied to my mail.