Tuesday 6 February 2007

Dateline Monday 5th Feb. Time 9.45am

Having made a quiet determination to declutter the house I attacked the task with my usual Aries fervour. Whilst clearing out youngest daughter's room I accidentally stepped on one of her toys and the following then took place.

Toy - Welcome. Let's play peekaboo

Me.- Peekaboo ko. Peekabat ni. I beg shut up my friend.

Toy - Peekaboo I can see you.

Me - You can't see jack as you are lying face down and you are literally talking out of your arse.

Toy - I'm going to count to ten.

Me - You can count to a hundred if you like but you still won't see me or find me. Olodo.

Toy - Still counting.

Me - Still muttering profanities and abuse at the little yellow plastic toy dolly thing.

It then occurs to me that maybe I have been spending too much time at home and need to get back into an office environment.

What a way to start the week. Hmmm.?

7 comments:

uknaija said...

Come, oga if they sack me for work-you're responsible- this was so funny

Zaynnah Magazine said...

Lol!

KemiMamaLopes said...

Still chuckling as I type this. Is the toy still in the house or has it been consigned to the bin in the decluttering process. I do talk to inanimate objects all the time. They say it's the first sign of madness. I say first sign! Pah, they missed all the other signs.

I see the declutter bug is in the air. In the process of ordering a skip, it's that bad.

Bitchy said...

Lol!! x

Pilgrimage to Self said...

Sometimes I catch my hubby humming the tune of Dora the Explorer or 54 Zoo Lane!! The joys of parenthood kinda turns our brains to mush!

I really need to declutter too. :-(

Jennifer A. said...

LOLLLL...just think of what she would do if she caught her daddy doing "peek-a-boo" with the toy her daddy bought for her...

t said...

The de-clutter bug is in the air, for real. Garage sale this weekend. Wish us luck!