Sunday 31 December 2006

The Great beyond.




I stand on the precipice
Palms all sweaty
Buffeted by the winds of change
Staring into the abyss
Swirling below me
Wondering if I am ready
To step into the unknown
Look behind me
How did I get here?
Did I leave a mark ?
Or just a trail?

I turn again
To face the darkness
Can I make out a light?
Or is it just an illusion?
What is in store for me
In that foggy greyness?
I wonder yet again.
Will I be a better Father? Husband?
Son? Brother? Friend? Uncle?
Will I plant seeds
That will feed generations to come?
Will I deliver
On my promise? All my promises?

There is only one way to find out
There is only one way
I shake my arms
To relax myself
And to stop myself
From shaking
Stand on my toes
Take some deep breaths
Say a quick prayer
And take a giant step
A giant leap of faith
Screaming


Into 2007.

Wish me well.

1 comment:

Chxta said...

Getting you is a tad difficult. Hope thing's okay. My number is 07903190716. Do have a safe trip.