Saturday 23 December 2006

Donald Duke


I feel down
Let down
My arms hang limply
By my side
I ache inside
Outside
All over
I try to find things
To block the pain
Not go insane
Think to myself
No! not again
History repeating itself.

My trust was used
Abused
Flung in my face
It was my fault
I too, believed
Promises, visions, motives
Lies?
I should have known
Been more astute
More aware
More reserved
All that glitters
But Aries blood
It’s all or nothing
In or out
Out or in.

So now the deed is done
I cannot even tell you
How I feel
To your face
You shut the door
You barred the gate
You built a fence
You walked away
Or did you run?
Oh never mind
What’s done is done
We’ll meet again
But remember this
You had my trust
My hopes and dreams
You sold them off
To the lowest bidder
For this my friend
Your day will come
Your day will come
Your day will come.

And until then
Because I still believe
I still believe
Oh I do believe
In this great land
In these great people
I will reach inside
And fan my embers
Into flames
Ignore your games
Be whole again
Be strong once more
Ready for the next battle
It’s coming soon
I can feel it
I can feel it
I can feel it
It’s coming soon
And this time
I WILL BE READY.

That is my promise

This is my vow.

6 comments:

Zaynnah Magazine said...

He's shown himself to be an impostor. A total waste of potential.

I hope he's able to sleep well at night. Wimp.

Zaynnah Magazine said...

PS. I'm also standing at the ready for the next battle. And I've promised myself that I'll be more active next time (Aries blood).

Dami said...

Nice poem

All the vision no power
He joined a party that had some weird agreement to zone presidential candidates right from the start,hopefully theyll be a next time and hopefully he is ready to fight dirty

Chxta said...

I wonder why they refused comments on his last blog post...

Nkem said...

Snap out of it bruv!

Chxta said...

You are still in the UK? I'd really love to meet. 07903190716 is my number. Alternatively, I would be in Naija from 25/12 to 14/1...

My email is chxtab@gmail.com