Monday 11 August 2008

On behalf of all Chelsea fans.....


It would appear that Wayne Rooney and some other members of the Man Utd team picked up a "virus" on their money grabbing, empire building "tour"of Nigeria (i.e. in and out of Abuja). Apparently the poor dear and his colleagues were sick to their stomachs (i assume this is the same way the spectators felt), laid low and were unable to train after getting back to the UK.


According to squeaky bum Fergie - "I doubt if we'll get Rooney fit for the start of the season with the virus he's had,'' Ferguson said. "It's a virus he picked up in Nigeria and it's not a nice one, but quite a few have had it. It's such a bad virus and he's got to be training to be fit.''


Whilst I did not realise that there were nice viruses that one could pick up, I would nevertheless just like to extend my sympathies to these guys (no sincerely). Really. Honestly. Trust me. I mean it.


Though next time I am confident that the Chelsea Abuja Supporters Club will ensure that the "mixture" is more powerful. Cough. cough.


I would also like to point out that no such fate seems to have befallen the mighty Portsmouth. Draw your own conclusions.


The Premiership Season starts this weekend. Bring it on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't mind them, yeye people. I bet they're in the middle of bonus negotiations or something and Nija virus comes in handy.

Iyaeto said...

Hmm what an excuse. Which kain virus be dat na ebola? (LOL) Toksie where have you been hiding?

Toksboy said...

@ Iyaeto - I dey kampe oh.Sorry for the absence. You know what it is like now. They pay you a salary and before you know it they are like go here, go there, do this, do that. Holiday? What's that? Haba! You nko?

@ Anon - I like the way your mind works. Please come back.

Iyaeto said...

@ Toksie, Pele o. I just got back from gidi but I avoided the Island.