Monday 14 September 2009

The things I take for granted......but shouldn't

Waking up in the morning
Having food on the table
A roof over my head
A family that loves me
Parents that love me
Parents that are still alive and well
Healthy kids
My health
Access to money
A supportive loving wife
A forgiving God
My many many blessings
My life
My siblings love
My family's understanding
My accomplishments
My friends
The list goes on.

Shame these things are only brought to the forefront of our thoughts only when we think about losing them as I thought today after a health scare. All is well Insha Allah but I will be more careful with all the above in future. So should you.

2 comments:

babatunde said...

well I tend to count my blessings on a regular basis, Naija does that to me, I look around and see how my fellow man scarcely lives from hand to mouth and I count my blessing again.

Dapxin said...

No! not everyone does.
There is one
inner sense of harmony
that you achieve,
once you learn to
think of these things,
every now and then,
::
you learn thru the
process;
what then really matters;
:::
That in themselves,
possession, brings nothing;
but in them-shared,
life makes much sense.

If only the idi0ts ruining
lives, see thes things...