Saturday 6 December 2008

KEEPING UP THE ACT.

And in the end
What are we
But actors in a play
On a stage where we are thrust
Into the blinding spotlight
Where we spout our lines unrehearsed
Surrounded by other actors
Most total strangers
With whom we try to sync together
This yarn called life

And how often do we have to change our roles
To fit the scenery that surrounds us
To match the tempo of the action
To be as one with the drama
To laugh on cue with the humour
To cry out loud with the tragic

And who wrote this absurdist play
In which I find myself
Trying not to look too lost
A great act in itself
As I wander aimlessly across the stage
Occasionally bumping into scenery and other actors
Oh pardon me, excuse me, sorry. Ouch


And those that wait for me to give them their cue
So they too can take centre stage
Well how would they feel if they knew
I make it up as I go along

And in the end
All that I ask for
As I take my very last bow
Is that somewhere out from the darkness
A voice will shout bravo
And whisper he was no Olivier
But by God he tried his best
Until then I’ll keep on posing and preening
Keeping up the act.

2 comments:

'Yar Mama said...

Welcome back. Missed your postings...

Chika said...

I like!